Sunday, May 21, 2006

My block and some ideas.





I really like to wander and just let the things I see guide me around a place. So I was out walking and I've had a general interest, actuallly more of a fascination of the children here in Japan. What it would be like to grow up in this place, where you're given a lot of freedom at a young age, and you have soo much to take in all the time. So I started my walk near this elementary school, which led me around the block, and up a hill, and down a hill and across a big highway into this little shopping center that had another school and a little playground. So I think this is where I want to focus my time on. Is at or near this playground near the school. What I would like to focus on right now is visual storytelling and seeing how I could get past the language barriers and make some kind of interactive story/game that involves children. I kept thinking of the old storytellers from early Japan that would ride around on their bikes and kids would come running when they heard him coming and he would open up this box of sorts on the back of his bike and there were picture cards that he would use as a visual for telling his story.

So that's where I'm at right now. Designing for children mainly, something interactive, must have story element. Documented through website?

Another idea I'm kindof throwing around is a documentary of sorts on children here in Japan...but I'm not sure how that would look to people in the community with some strange white girl videotaping and following their children around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home