Sunday, June 04, 2006

Another visit to my park in the sky.

So I went out to my park in the sky this past Thursday to sit and think about my project. I brought a little watercolor set with me to experiment with also. It was a very nice day out, and so it was a good day to sit and observe the people walking through my spot. As I was sitting eating a sandwhich I brought with me a nice older guard walked past and nodded to me with a big grin on his face. There were some older ladies walking dogs. a man walking a dog. a group of buisness people walking through. a younger couple. and some people who were on their daily excercise routine. After I had sat for a couple hours sketching and watercoloring and napping and getting bitten by a mosquito, I got up to explore more thouroughly and to take more reference pictures. So as I walked through I noticed that each tree and plant had a label on it, so you could see what type of plant it was. Then as I walked towards what I thought was the back exit of the park, I realized that the park continued on and there was a whole rose garden, basketball court and field with larger jungle gym like contraptions. These looked like they could be for older people, as they were much bigger than typical park structures. There was some great signage as well in the park, especially this sign for making sure to pick up after your dog. It was an illustration of a girl and her dog and her dog's poop on a shovel and all three of them had smiley faces.



As I was walking around I was imagining all the happy buisnessmen frolicking around the park as in my story. So after that visit I had a pretty clear idea of what my story was about and some of the characters that would show up in it. I don't like that mosquito though. Oh and when I was leaving the park, it was super scary, b/c there was this older woman walking out in front of me. And you have to walk down this big ramp to street level as you leave and there were these giant black birds sitting on the sides of the ramp and one seriously flew at the woman's head and she ducked and got scared and it freaked the shit out of me, b/c now here I was having to walk past them. I quickened my walking as I past them and didn't look back. They were scary and I don't know how I can fit them in to my story, but maybe somehow. It's weird but on my way back to Shinagawa station to go back to my dorm, I kept thinking about the birds, and whenever things like that happen to me, I always run through all the scenarios of how it could have played out in my head and how I would have reacted...and so I was thinking what I would have done if one had actually started attacking me like in the Birds...and so I had one image of it stabbing me through the back with it's large pointy beak, and then another image of me grabbing it by the beak and slamming it down on the ground. I always creep myself out. Too many scenarios going on in my head all the time. So if I zone out, more than likely I'm running through some story in my head. It gets kindof annoying though, b/c I don't realize I do it sometimes, until I snap out of scenario mode. I really have to force myself to concentrate on the present sometimes. But it's always neat to me how real some of those scenarios feel when I run through them, that's why I like telling stories so much and watching films, b/c of how they manipulate your emotions and mess with your head. Good movies anyhow. Alright enough ramblings for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home